Digital Media Fellow
Summary of the Position Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Communications Director, the Digital Media Fellow will implement strategy for all website, social media, and public relations messages to consistently articulate the mission of NMWF. This position will work closely with the Communications Director to implement campaigns, follow up with press, and track our impact across the state.
- Always represent and promote the New Mexico Wildlife Federation in a positive and professional manner.
- Implement communications strategy across NMWF’s social media platforms, email communications, and website
- Track social media, press mentions, and email numbers
- Manage and lead social media content
- Maintain NMWF website
- Track and measure the levels of engagement within the network over time (membership)
- Drive Outdoor Reporters after publication
- Write letters to the editor, op-eds on a variety of issues
- Manage all media contacts
The Digital Media Fellow has experience with social media sites, mass marketing email communications, website maintenance, and graphic design. This person has the ability to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messaging, and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels.
- Highly collaborative style; experience designing and implementing communications strategies
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Experience with Adobe Suite, WordPress, Constant Contact, additional content management systems
- A solid track record as an implementer who thrives on managing numerous initiatives concurrently
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications in both strategic and tactical discussions
- Self-starter able to work independently; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
- Passion for the outdoors
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Digital Media Fellow in the subject line for consideration.